Friday, March 17, 2017

Introductions are in order... (who does this guy think he is?)

I have 25+ years experience in military and civilian information processing environments, and I know what it means to support critical missions and operations with real-time requirements. I have an extremely security-conscious background. I've been around a lot of legacy technology, having spent the bulk of my active duty time with the US Air Force overseas at remote locations, as well as 5 years as a civilian contractor under austere conditions in combat zones in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I've worked on the classified and unclassified networks of the Department of Defense, in IT and in Military Intelligence. Other industries I've worked include Telecommunications, Internet Banking, Public Sector (schools) and the Energy Utility Sector for the Department of Energy. I've been involved in a handful of non-profit organizations as a volunteer and as an office holder.

I hold or have held a number of IT certifications, including Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, ITIL, Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator, and Cisco Certified Network Professional - Security. I have an A.A.S in Electronic Systems Technology, another in Communications Applications, and a Bachelor's of Science in IT Network Management. I'm about half-way through a Master's degree.

I've made a study of Business Continuity, Emergency Management, and Disaster Recovery. I hold certification in these areas and as an instructor in several public safety and security programs.

The sum of these experiences has reinforced my interest in and concern for Critical Infrastructure Protection, and the safety of the American Public, and I currently find myself employed as a subject matter expert working in an identified CIP sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment